Lafayette Township Fire Department was recently awarded a grant by the Ohio Department of Workers’ Compensation to install devices to lift and lower our cots into and out of our ambulances, reducing spinal loads and the risk of cumulative trauma injuries.
The Power-LOAD cot fastener system improves operator and patient safety by supporting the cot throughout the loading and unloading process. The reduction in spinal load helps prevent cumulative trauma injuries. Power-LOAD wirelessly communicates with Power-PRO™ cot, which LTFD purchased two years ago, for ease of operation and maximum operator convenience.
The Power-LOAD system:
• Eliminates the need to steer the cot into and out of the ambulance.
• Minimizes patient drops by supporting the cot until the wheels are on the ground.
• Meets dynamic crash test standards for maximized occupant safety.
• Features an easy-to-use manual back-up system, allowing complete operation in the event of power loss.
• Lifts or lowers the cot into and out of the ambulance, eliminating spinal loads that can result in cumulative trauma injuries.
LTFD anticipates having the units installed and operational by the beginning of 2015.
Check out how it works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBONsE4bB8M